26 Apr 5 Great Alternatives for Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood floors are always a timeless choice when you are looking for flooring for your new home or considering a remodel. It looks great and stands the test of time. However, hardwood flooring can be pricey, require a lot of maintenance and is not practical in some of the more humid areas of Florida. There are a lot of great alternatives for hardwood flooring that are cost effective, look great and are more durable.
5 Alternatives for Hardwood Flooring
- Bamboo: Bamboo is an environmentally friendly option that has a similar look to hardwood. It is easy to clean and sturdy like wood.
- Laminate: This inexpensive option, imitates hardwood, tile or stone. Laminate is durable and long lasting. It comes in a variety of colors and styles and is moisture resistant.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is making a comeback. It is affordable and comes in a variety of colors and styles. It’s also comfortable to walk on and easy to clean. The newer products can look as similar to wood as a laminate product and they also come in 100% waterproof options.
- Tile: Tile comes in a variety of designs, styles and colors. It can mimic the look of natural stone and marble. It is durable, easy to clean, and water resistant. Tile can also be a great design element for a room.
- Concrete: You might think concrete is just for sidewalks but think again! Concrete is a great option because it absorbs warm and cool air, inhibits mold and mildew growth, and is an eco-friendlier option. There are lots of stylish finishing options available. You can also do a concrete overlay over existing flooring.
These are just some of the alternatives for hardwood flooring. If you are looking to remodel or are interested in building a custom home, contact La Maison Homes. La Maison Homes provides remodels and custom builds in Sarasota and Manatee County. Contact us today to schedule an estimate!