13 Feb Questions To Ask Your Home Inspector
Getting a home inspection done is an essential part of buying a home, and it is important that you as the buyer understand the process. If you can be present for the inspection, it can be a great learning experience. Asking questions and being involved can make you feel more comfortable about deciding on the home.
Here are some questions we recommend you ask your home inspector:
– May I see your home inspector license? If the home inspector does not provide it, do not go through with the inspection.
– How long will the inspection take? This depends on the size of the home, but typically it will take a couple hours to do a thorough inspection.
– Will I be able to be there for the home inspection? Of course!
– What do you and don’t you check? It is important to know that home inspections are visual inspections. If something gets flagged, you will most likely have to have a specialist come in to further inspect. There are things that are not covered in a home inspection, for example, they do not have a license to take apart a pool pump, a HVAC unit or diagnose termites. You need to know what they do inspect and what is outside the scope of a Home Inspector’s license.
– Ask specific questions about what is being looked at. If you don’t understand something or want further clarification, don’t be afraid to ask.
– Ask for tips. Since home inspectors have seen just about everything and anything that can go wrong, this can be a good learning opportunity.
La Maison Home Inspections in Sarasota and Manatee counties provides professional, certified home inspections. We also offer additional certified inspection services that can be performed at the same time to make the process go more smoothly. We have been building custom homes in the Sarasota area for over 30 years, so we know exactly what to look for.
If you need a home inspection in Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and surrounding communities, please contact us with any questions or to schedule your inspection today!