21 Jun What Do Home Inspectors Look For In The Kitchen?
Home inspectors must check over 1,600 features in the home. You might be wondering what exactly we are looking for in different areas of the house. This post focuses on what our home inspectors look for in the kitchen.
– Countertops: We check to make sure there is no visible damage to countertops
– Cabinets and drawers: We check that cabinets and drawers are in good condition with no broken brackets or braces
– Electrical and gas connections: When possible, we look at the electrical and gas connections
– Vents: We make sure that vents work properly, and if the home has a range hood fan we check that it properly vents to the outside
– Outlets: We check to see that ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection is present for any electrical outlets near a water source
– Appliances: We make sure that any appliances included in the purchase of the home are functioning properly. This includes the dishwasher, icemaker, microwave, stove, garbage disposal, refrigerator, exhaust fans, and any other appliance that will convey with the sale These are just some examples of what our home inspectors look for in the kitchen. Home inspectors are limited to a visual inspection and our report will let you know about any issues found. We recommend that you are present during the home inspection, so you can ask questions and get any clarification on potential issues.
La Maison Home Inspections in Sarasota and Manatee County provide professional, certified home inspections. We build custom homes, so our home inspectors know exactly what to look for. We can also have a general contractor accompany you to discuss any remodel plans you may have in mind. We offer different inspections that can be done at the same time as your general home inspection. Contact us today to schedule your home inspection in Sarasota.